Bitcoin is one of the best investment options nowadays. Market analysts even say that it is going to be the future global currency. But the biggest problem is there are limited ways for instantly buy bitcoins.
Though most of the Bitcoin marketplaces accept many types of payment options they don’t accept debit/credit card payments.
The main reason behind this is Bitcoins are irreversible in nature. If they start to accept Debit/Credit card payments, they have to implement the refund options which is impossible with Bitcoins. Remember the decentralised feature of Bitcoin where the transaction is untraceable?
On the other hand, we always prefer Credit/Debit card transactions so that if we could apply for a refund in for any reason. But for the irreversible nature of Bitcoin exchanges avoids the card payments.
However, most of the exchanges don’t accept card payments there are some legitimate Bitcoin marketplaces who accept Credit/Debit cards against Bitcoin. Among them, I have personally tested and found the five best Bitcoin exchanges that will introduce you in the article.
Here is the list.
I will introduce all five Bitcoin marketplaces one by one but Before dive into it you should know that most of the marketplaces use your cash limit on the credit card so before purchasing contact your bank to know the cash limit of your credit card.
One more thing you should know about is the exchange fee on card payments as most of them charge around 4% of the total value.
Note: Some of the credit card companies have stopped allowing purchasing Bitcoin with Credit cards because of the volatility of the market including Chase, Bank of America and Citi Bank.
Top 5 Websites to Purchase Bitcoins Using Credit Card or Debit Card
Binance is one of the top crypto exchanges operates globally. However, it does not support debit card purchased but if you have a credit card you can easily purchase Bitcoins and ETH with Binance.
You just need a verified account with BInance which is very easy to create. Here are the steps to create a verified account and purchasing BItcoins with BInance.
- Enter the website here and hit the signup button.
- Enter all the details including your phone number which is needed for the 2FA verification every time you log in to your account.
- Complete your KYC by submitting the ID and address proofs (it takes just a couple of minutes to verify your KYC in Binance)
- Then go to Funds >> Buy with Credit card
- Enter the Bitcoin amount and fill up the details asked in the four steps.
- That’s it. You are now a BItcoin holder. As simple as that ordering a Pizza with a debit card.
Coinmama is another popular Bitcoin exchange website where you can instantly purchase Bitcoins with Debit/Credit cards. However, unlike other BItcoin exchanges, Coinmama doesn’t offer you wallet facility so you need to add a wallet address to the Coinmama account to purchase BItcoins.
The process is similar to other websites.
- You have to create an account with Coinmama here.
- Verify the KYC by uploading the required documents.
- Add the wallet address.
- Go to buy and select Bitcoin in the list.
- Now add the amount of Bitcoin you want to purchase.
- select the Credit/Debit card in the payment option and pay with that.
- As soon as the transaction will complete you get the BItcoins in your wallet instantly.
Changelly is my favourite Bitcoin exchange ad I regular use it to buy Bitcoins. It has an easy verification process and supports debit/credit cards globally. If you are from those countries where buying BItcoins with bank accounts and credit cards is permitted you can instantly purchase BItcoins in Changelly.
To buy bitcoins,
- You need to first create an account with Changelly here.
- Verify your KYC by submitting your documents.
- Click on “Buy Crypto With Credit Card“
- Enter the Bitcoin amount, wallet address and purchasing currency.
- Enter the details of the Credit card in four steps.
- Verify your credit card.
- Bitcoin will be transferred instantly to your wallet.
4. Coinbase (only for USA customers)
Coinbase is one of the biggest Cryptocurrency websites offers Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum exchange. Along with other payment facilities they also support Debit/Credit card payment to purchase Bitcoins with instant processing.
However. there is a limitation for Coinbase users that they must be from the USA as they only allow Unites States users. If you are from other countries you should look for the other options which I’ve listed above.
The steps below will show you how to purchase BItcoins with Coinbase?
- You must register an account with Coinbase
- Now complete your KYC
- After completing the KYC you need to go to payment setting page and add your payment method. In this case, you have to enter your debit/credit card details.
- For the verification, Coinbase will make two small transactions on your card.
- Access your card statement and write down the transaction amount which Coinbase has done on your card.
- Under the payments page of Coinbase account, add that transaction amount.
- Now your card is verified and you can start purchasing Bitcoins anytime instantly.
If you are a UK resident then don’t go away from the Wirex crypto exchange as its the complete crypto banking solution for UK residents. Using Wirex you can instantly but Bitcoins with Credit/ Debit cards.
In Wirex you are provided with a crypto linked bank account. To get this, all you need to do is signup here and complete the KYC verification process. In Wirex you can top-up your account with a debit/credit card and use that top-up amount to buy BTC anytime instantly.
If you are looking for a complete Bitcoin banking solution, Wirex best fits you.
Wirex also issues their physical cards available for the UK. Apply for their physical cards here.
|Websites||Rating (Based on process and fees)|
Now it’s your time to choose your crypto exchange. However, I will keep updating this list from time to time with the best options for purchasing Bitcoins with Credit/Debit cards.
If you have a legitimate website that accepts credit/debit cards as a payment option let us know in the comments section below. If that site will deserve I will definitely add that to this list.
- What is Bitcoin [A Beginner’s Guide to Bitcoin]
- Bitcoin Mining: Energy Consumption Vs Profitability [Formula Revealed]
- 10 Bitcoin Mining Calculator Websites For Cryptocurrency Mining
- Bitcoin Trading: Read My 5 Steps Guide Before Dive